Share on social:
The Quality Manager will be responsible for managing and executing the adherence to the quality of the product, product safety, and production-related issues, including the oversight of others involved in these operations.
- Manages the daily operations of the department including following the basic production scheduling, work assignments, employee supervision, counseling, employee safety and administration of company policies and procedures. Prepares written performance evaluations and counsels employees as needed. Resolve any employee issues and documents disciplinary actions and performance recognition on all employees in their area.
- Manages the sanitation department and supports their role and facilitates with the production and warehouse departments to maintain the cleanliness throughout the plant. Follows up with the master sanitation schedule and determines if gaps exist in the process and makes corrective actions to improve the process.
- Interfaces and effectively works cross-functionally with others in the organization (Maintenance, production, Supply Chain, Warehousing, and Finance).
- Ensures that employees comply with established standards and counsels and disciplines as appropriate. Reinforce that GMP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Security, Safety Rules, Work Rules and company policies and procedures are followed.
- Oversees document review of all QC reports.
- Manages customer audits, 3rd party audits, FDA audits, USDA audits, Organic audits and SQF audits with focus on food safety and pest control programs. Acts as the contact for the plant as it relates to audit corrective actions.
- Works in accordance with the Corporate QA Manger on consumer complaints. Reviews and performs trend analysis to determine root cause for each consumer complaint. Also, determines when to place product on hold and when to release product from hold. Point person for product recalls.
- Ensures financial performance in the department including labor and materials budget.
- Monitors and assures the quality of the product produced from the beginning of the process to the end.
- As the SQF Practitioner, this individual ensures that employee training is being done along with validation and verification of all other SQF related programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-8 years’ experience in QA/Food with experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Experience with managing direct reports is required.
- Must have technical understanding of food safety including manufacturing, quality, HACCP, and GMP operations.
- Must have a SQF certification
- Knowledge of microbiology and formulation of products is preferred.
- Must have strong ability to apply basic statistical concepts to problem solving and root cause analysis, and ability to manipulate data in spreadsheets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
- Must possess sufficient analytical skills to use laboratory equipment.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.