Share on social:
The Quality Manager will be responsible to manage quality programs and preventive control programs at the factory. Act as an SQF Practitioner for site. Provides and oversees QA technical support to multiple departments and operations within the facility. Ensures QA department meets compliance, customer, and company requirements including department goals and objectives.
- Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
- Directly supervises Quality Assurance Supervisor, including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate test schedules, costs and resources.
- Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments, audits and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
- Troubleshoots quality issues that affect quality performance of all products.
- Acts as liaison between Operation personnel and quality assurance team in meeting with all established programs.
- Establishes and maintains policy for documentation/record keeping of all products.
- Assures the review of documentation before is sent out to external customers.
- Manages all quality-related internal and external audits, including customers, SQF, and other third parties for the facility.
- Assures an effective HACCP / Food Safety Plan is in place with an active and functional Food Safety Team.
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Maintains product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
- Manages quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Anticipates product release delays and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Investigates customer complaints, and analyzes customer feedback to improve the quality and performance of the organization.
- Understands to a high level all operational phases of the company to better implement new programs and manage all process controls effectively.
- Monitors and audits Quality Programs for effectiveness.
- Orchestrates the delivery of Quality Programs to different departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline (Dairy/Food science preferred), with 5-10 plus years of work experience in food industry.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment, and be familiar with quality assurance principles, statistics, HACCP and SQF standard.
- Must be experienced working with computers and designated software programs as required to perform job functions.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization.
- Must be able to supervise.