Share on social:
Quality Manager near Joplin, MO will be responsible for plans, coordinates, and directs the quality assurance programs to keep the company producing safe quality food through the use of statistical data.
- Directs the activities of the Quality Assurance Department and administers all quality programs that insure product quality and conform to GMP’s.
- Directs and monitors daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Directs the laboratory testing, the ordering of laboratory supplies and month-end inventory.
- Directs and conducts the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area Works with the R&D Department on the updating of Raw Material Specifications.
- Issues Reports for supplier non-compliance of raw materials specifications.
- Directs and conducts production trials as part of a trouble-shooting process for quality systems and conducts taste panels from such trials.
- Directs and administers all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Directs the QA monthly reporting requirements.
- Directs cost saving plans and projects in the QA department.
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing
- Follows all Safe Quality Food (SQF) established standards, guidelines, and compliance measures.
- Will be the leader regarding HACCP and SQF
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree or related
- 5 years' experience with a food environment
- Must be HACCP and SQF certified and experienced with GMP
- Prefer experience with dry and wet blending, high acid and retort processing
- Computer skills, experience organizing, interpreting and using statistical data (SPC)
- Domestic travel will be 10%