Share on social:
The Quality Manager will be responsible all activities of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance department in a manner which ensures consistent product safety and quality. This position is also responsible for maintaining working relationships with customers (internal and external) and FSIS Inspection.
- Develop, document, implement, verify, and validate Food Safety and QA processes and procedures used to monitor incoming raw materials, production, and products (Finished and Work in Process) to ensure compliance to all regulatory, customer, and company requirements.
- Build and maintain a strong team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, and team building. Provide feedback to direct reports on a constant basis (i.e. Appraisals, Coaching, etc) that will lead to their continued development.
- Provide products and services to customers (internal and external), which meet or exceed expectations.
- Drive plant improvement by providing proactive solutions to issues that will support facility operations staff in achieving Quality and Safety goals.
- Maintain contact between Sales and Operations in order to communicate customer/consumer issues and resolutions
- Provide timely, accurate, and relevant data and analysis to enable them to effectively manage the business.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with USDA/FSIS. Monitor industry and regulatory news to identify new trends that could be utilized for continuous improvement within the facility and company. Other duties as assigned by the location General Manager or Food Safety and Quality Assurance Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal science, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing
- Knowledge of poultry/foods processing principles; understanding of management principles, and team concepts. General knowledge of plant functions: production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping, receiving, and sanitation.
- Proven ability in supervision of others.
- Good analytical and communication (written/oral) skills
- Knowledge of USDA/FSIS Regulations, Quality Audit Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Food Safety Systems including HACCP and SSOP.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.