Quality Manager will be responsible for leading and optimizing the efforts of the Quality department around IBC’s stated priorities of Safety, People, Quality, Customer Service and Cost Management.
- Foster and maintain a safe work environment by setting expectations for safe behavior.
- Build and foster positive employee morale.
- Maintain an unwavering commitment to quality, meeting or exceeding quality goals and objectives.
- Ensure superior customer service internally and externally.
- Effectively manage costs within QA department (labor, concentrate, CO2, ingredients, etc.).
- Ensure proper training of new hires and ongoing training of current employees.
- Lead, develop, and mentor the QA team to achieve a high performance in a team-oriented environment.
- Complete other assigned tasks as needed.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment.
- Lab experience and understanding of a laboratory environment.
- Must have 5 to 7 years of experience in QA management or leadership role.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (includes some weekend/holiday responsibilities)
- Must have excellent PC skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel is required.
- Understanding of water treatment systems.
- Excellent prioritizing, organizing & decision-making skills required.
- Dynamic communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management & personnel.
- College Degree is strongly preferred. Emphasis in Biology, chemistry, or food science is required.
- An excellent safety records.
- Must have an excellent quality record.
- Must be self-motivated, positive, have a high degree of integrity, dependability & participate as a team member to achieve common goals with sense of urgency.
- Strong math and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with and understanding of sanitation procedures.
- General knowledge in basic Chemistry and Biology with emphasis of experience with alkaline and acidic chemicals.