Quality Manager will be responsible for coordinating daily activities with receiving and packing to identify and resolve quality issues with operation. Working with management to develop and maintain policies, procedures, and documentation for audits.
- Perform physical duties, including but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and walking.
- Assist in training employees on food safety, company processes and FDA Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of quality assurance activities.
- Maintain organized inventory of retained products.
- Monitor HACCP critical control points and be knowledgeable of USDA inspections.
- Conduct customer, regulatory, and in-house audits.
- Monitor plant performance and develop/implement action plans to understand and address areas of concern.
- Maintain a clear understanding of customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain operational quality standards, batch sheets and specification sheets.
- Adhere to all regulatory rules and regulations, ensuring that food safety and product performance standards are met.
- Ensure that job descriptions for those responsible for food safety are documented and include provision to cover for the absence of key personnel.
- Ensure that food safety fundamentals and safety plans are reviewed when changes are made which may affect food safety.
- Must have quality experience in fresh produce within a Packing House, knowledge of FDA, and experience with 3rd party food safety audits. Experience with Mandarins and Grapes is preferred.
- Demonstrate experience with internal and external quality audits.
- Maintain a positive work environment, recruiting, training and development, and performance management.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasting, audit scoring, safety, consumer scoring, and plant sanitation.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends, and be flexible during peak season.