Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Engineering programs designed to ensure continuous successful production of products consistent with established customer requirements and standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and/or Quality department personnel.
- Approve of day to day quality inspections and reviews.
- Maintain QMS/ISO9001:2015 certification and coach employees and management team.
- Serve as the lead for external audits.
- Serve as quality subject matter expert for new product development teams helping move products transition from design to production.
- Work with customer service to answer questions and address quality questions/issues.
- Coordinate evaluations for reported discrepancies and assist with corrective actions; status reports for internal and external corrective actions.
- Investigate production quality issues to their root cause level and implementing corrective actions for resolution.
- Conduct internal audits and forward status reports to management.
- Work cross-functionally to drive operational excellence.
- Work with the manufacturing engineering team on process and quality improvement initiatives, develop and conduct engineering experimentation as required.
- Review or create test methods, test specifications, drawings, or other documentation to comply and support regulatory approvals.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience leading quality/inspection teams.
- Prior ISO 9001 audit experience.
- Prior hands on experience with basic lab/instrumentation.
- Some supervisory experience is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Cad knowledge is preferred.
- 10% travel required to Vietnam.