Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Engineering programs designed to ensure continuous successful production of products consistent with established customer requirements and standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and/or Quality department personnel.
- Assists in developing and maintaining an attitude of Continuous Quality Improvement throughout the organization.
- Assists in formulating and maintaining Quality Objectives and coordinates objectives with Upper Management and other Department Managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Involved with the planning, organization and promoting of training activities related to product quality, reliability, customer requirements and AITF-16949 development / maintenance. Assists in training associates in product testing, inspection, and/or any technical subjects specified by the established departmental training needs.
- Assist in the development of new product programs / procedures as well as redevelopment of existing product programs / procedures to ensure quality system robustness and process reliability and capability.
- Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Works with senior Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Technicians and other associated departments to coordinate the completion of Process Control Plans and complete gauge and capability studies as appropriate per PPAP submission levels.
- Establishes adequate communication with customers to assure a thorough understanding of customer requirements and transmit this information internally as required.
- Provide technical support for the shop floor inspection team, final audit, and receiving inspection.
- Investigates and responds to customer, as well as internal complaints regarding Quality. Performs investigative and correlative dimensional studies.
- Assists the MRB team in non-conforming product disposition. Assists in the development of Corrective Action Responses both internally and externally.
- Assist and participate in the training of associates in statistical and problem solving techniques.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities (Ref. 1.003.005).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Four years related experience and / or training in the Plastics molding manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in insert and reel-to-reel molding processing a plus.
- ISO-9001 or IATF-16949 systems auditing experience preferred.
- Two years experience in a decision making position desired.
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT) required. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification and/or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications desired.