Share on social:
This position reports to the VP of Finance and Administration and is responsible for executing quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards.
- Enhance and execute the quality control program, for all products based on HACCP, SQF and other approved third-party audit standards.
- Provides inspection activity for product throughout production cycle. Analyze and report summarized quality of yolk scores, and farmer audits. Track trends, average performance against specifications and sensory evaluations.
- Participates with the Management Team to maximize product reliability, minimize costs, and support the Quality Department for training as required.
- Maintain specifications and Material Safety Data Sheets for all products used in our Facilities.
- Be a management liaison for the company to external vendors, USDA, and FDA, etc.…
- Presents and lives a quality standard throughout the organization, moving company toward a higher quality culture and helps employees know their role with in that culture.
- Member of Crisis Management Team and responsible for Recall Coordinator duties.
- HAACP trained.
- SQF Practitioner.
- Responsible for investigating complaints regarding quality and/or food safety issues to compile further corrective action documents.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF system.
- Directs the activities of the QA Department and administers all quality programs that insure product quality and conform to GMP’s
- Directs the laboratory testing
- Directs and administers all programs to ensure food safety, such as, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Directs cost saving plans and projects in the QA department
- Reviews and addresses customer compliant issues in the Quality Department
- Follows all Safe Quality Food (SQF) established standards, guidelines, and compliance measures
- Leader regarding HACCP and SQF
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential needs to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
- Requires a BS/BA in a related field and experience and/or training; 7 years or more.
- Must have HACCP certified and experienced with SQF, FDA, and GMP.
- Education background or experience with food safety, sanitation or production.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish and English is a plus.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.