Share on social:
The Quality Control Manager will be responsible to plan, coordinate, and direct quality assurance program designed to ensure food safety, regulatory compliance and product quality.
- Supervision includes scheduling, approving time records, periodic evaluation, counseling, and performance documentation.
- Review and approve daily paperwork for all lines, including follow-up w/ resources for missing documentation-Line Release.
- Monitor incoming raw materials and maintain traceability program.
- Work with other departments in leading/teaching/educating employees in GMPs and HACCP. Responsible for conducting departmental and job specific training.
- Ensure finished product and raw materials are tested per specification. Monitor test results in relation to these specifications.
- Support the plant Food Safety & Quality System to produce safe, quality food.
- In conjunction with the Quality Manager, update and support Food Safety programs and Food Safety systems. Ensure work instructions, SSOPs, procedures and other pertinent documentation is up to date.
- Participate in quality complaint investigations. Verify corrective action completion and continued conformance.
- Communicate directly with customers for resolution of concerns and provide technical support as needed.
- Perform and/or participate in internal and third party audits while ensuring compliance to internal quality policies and applicable local regulations through the audits, observations, process reviews, and development of corrective actions with site management.
- Provide technical assistance to quality control and operations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or relevant.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years in quality role.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant GFSI standards BRC, SQF, or FSSC22000
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Highly organized, precise and detail orientated; strong time management and record keeping skills
- Able to handle working on multiple tasks of a diverse nature in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge to ensure guidelines are following for HACCP - GMPs - SSOPs, BRC audit requirements
- Willingness to develop self and others to better the company goals and build talent.
- Experience in food manufacturing environment preferred