Share on social:
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the process of incoming material inspections, overseeing on-the-floor QA activities which include line releases and inspections. The QA Supervisor plays a crucial support role in investigations, CAPAs and change controls. The QA Supervisor ensures that the facility is in a state of third party inspection readiness and that applicable SOPs are adhered to and GMPs are maintained. The main objectives are to ensure inspection ready status, manage and/or complete day to day Quality functions and to assist, train, and develop staff to identify and address issues related to USDA, FDA, and SQF compliance.
- Responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in inspection and quality assurance procedures with regards to purchased material, in-process material and finished products to assure that quality and food safety control standards are achieved.
- Addresses comments and concerns on the HACCP/PC forms and collaborates with the Manager on the actions necessary to resolve the issues within 24 hours. Identifies other non-food safety problems that impact the quality of raw materials and finished products.
- Determines reason for problems and recommends solutions. Initiates and implements CAPAs to address findings, issues, and non-compliances in the facilities, including but not limited to internal or external audit deficiencies, environmental non-conformances, and quality or food safety deviations.
- Monitors team’s performance for compliance with GMPs in production and warehouses by auditing the records on the approved forms.
- Assigns team’s work activities based on production and warehouse schedules ensuring that all operations are covered with appropriate QA staff. Reviews and monitors all QA activities for the assigned team. Reviews and approves all QA records including HACCP/PC records.
- Develops, coaches, and provides guidance to team for increasing their business and quality knowledge, skills and abilities. Provides on-going feedback regarding performance as well as attainment of goals and objectives.
- Reviews and reacts to ongoing data collection (SPC charts, etc.) to ensure timely decisions are made regarding product quality and cost.
- Contacts suppliers regarding material non-conformances and manage the supplier corrective action process.
- Investigates consumer complaints and recommends corrective and preventive actions based on findings.
- Ensures that there is a safe work environment for all employees and that safe work practices are followed at all times.
- In addition to all the Key Responsibility areas of the Lead QA Technician, the QA Supervisor is accountable for assisting the QA Manager with training the QA Technicians and all other employees on all aspects of the position; including but not limited to GMP, HACCP, SQF, USDA and FDA regulations.
- Associates Degree in food science or related discipline preferred
- 8 – 10 years of related food manufacturing experience, minimum 5 years in a QA function.
- Expert knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP, SQF, USDA and FDA regulations, including environmental (micro) programs.
- Must have strong writing, math, oral communication, and computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Position requires ability to work effectively with production, sanitation, maintenance, and warehouse personnel.
- Prior sanitation experience a plus.