Share on social:
Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible to Develop, implement and manage all Quality Assurance/Control programs to ensure continuous production/service, consistent with established standards, and insuring compliance with all state and local regulatory requirements. Manage the Quality Control Department consisting of a Sanitation Supervisor, QA Coordinator/Sanitarian Staff in a 24 hour – 7 days a week production environment with weekend production as needed. Direct and supervise the development, implementation and administration of Sanitation programs and activities in all phases of the plant.
- Thorough understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) requirements. With the ability to maintain, update and implement the existing Safe Quality Food (SQF) program. To include but not limited to:
- Food Safety (HACCP) Program
- Food Quality Program
- Sanitation Program
- Managing Audits (Internal and External)
- Manage the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives, and coordinate objectives with production procedures to maximize quality and reliability and to minimize costs.
- Develop methods/procedures and systems to ensure compliance with Company and Federal specifications.
- Direct product quality surveillance of manufacturing areas and the physical inspection of all incoming and outgoing transportation vehicles for sanitary condition.
- Develop and implement sanitation and microbiological inspection programs including incoming raw material and packaging material inspections.
- Create implement and manage a robust Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Train and implement quality assurance/control philosophy to key personnel within Company. Emphasis on Process Control for operations to be aligned with Quality and Production.
- Supervise quality assurance/control personnel to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Thorough understanding in Pest Control and Pest Management with ability to work closely and manage 3rd party Pest Control companies.
- Develop and maintain department budget and manage costs throughout the year.
- B.S. Microbiology, Food Science, chemistry or related field
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience considered.
- Minimum seven (7) years QA/QC in food industry
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory/management
- Developing/documenting procedures
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection
- Computer proficiency
- SQF Practitioner Certified or ability to become certified within a year
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.