Share on social:
Quality Assurance Manager near Elizabeth, NJ and will be responsible for assures quality food products and processes by establishing and enforcing food safety programs, plans, and quality standards; testing product; documenting results.
- Achieves food quality operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing quality and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets food quality financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establishes food safety program by developing ingredient control and storage policies including purchasing specifications, incoming inspection procedures, equipment cleaning and sanitation procedures and schedules, personnel sanitation procedures and training, and time-temperature inspection methods and schedules.
- Develops food safety plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
- Establishes food quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management and sales to develop new product lines
- Prepares food quality reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- BS or MS degree in micro biology, meat or food science, or related field
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State regulations, specifically USDA, NLEA & HAACP
- Experience with microbiological testing, pre-op protocol, third party audits
- Experience in manufacturing facilities of refrigerated and/or frozen foods
- Oversee all samples being sent and made for customer presentations
- Review and standardize all item specifications including but not limited to ingredients and nutritional statements, product formulas, cooking instructions. Review all new and existing labels to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well independently and be self -motivated
- Must be organized and pay strong attention to details