Share on social:
Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible to develop, monitor and maintain Quality Assurance systems and programs to assure product integrity and compliance with SQF, GMP's, HAACP, company regulatory and customer standards. Applies knowledge of fresh food quality, systems, processing, controls, packaging and labeling to ensure full compliance in company’s environment. Develops good relations with customers and regulatory representatives and responds to customer needs for technical information and documentation. Promotes healthy, clean processing standards, documentation and training about the benefits.
- Responsible to oversee and manage the development of fresh food concepts that meet objectives. Monitor, report and fix raw material and processing deviations to standards. Responsible for implementation and training GMP’s and compliance with regulatory standards.
- This individual often works closely with the processing team to document product runs, results, timing, proper date codes, samples and trials. Responsible to ensure the highest quality standards and good business relations are maintained with customers and governing agency representatives, such as USDA and FDA. This must be done within a strict and ever-changing regulatory framework around the treatment of food. Maintains good relations with all customers and stakeholders.
- Verifies food safety and quality within the company and supplier factories from raw material stage to finished product. May verify texture, extended product shelf life, packaging alternatives, etc.
- Educates customers and vendors of company’s benefits. May oversee the launch of new products or trials, gathering and documenting customer and consumer feedback. May conduct sensory and test panels, documenting the results.
- Applies a good understanding of raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers. May research current consumer markets. Trains employees, customers and visitors on GMP’s, sanitation and food security standards required by GMP's, HACCP, CCP’s and QA related SOP's/ SSOP’s.
- Plan, direct and manages team members to meet business objectives. May be responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining QA and sanitation staff. Responsible for professional development and team building. Responsible to assure procedures are monitored and documented by team members to comply with Company and government requirements
- Will liaise with 3rd party vendors, account representatives, and customers. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and demeanor as a business representative. Handles complaints according to established guidelines.
- Delivers and implements procedures to maintain proper protocol. Will prepare regular reports and KPI’s to establish daily accomplishments and efforts toward meeting objectives.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include, typing, preparing reports, contacting outside representatives, completing research, tracking information and KPI’s, preparing or updating excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, making appointments, ordering supplies, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a fresh food and/or beverage environment.
- Experience in the development of fresh or frozen food products and/or food manufacturing
- Degree in food studies or food technology is helpful
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives such as USDA or FDA
- Training or certification in HACCP, CCP’s, BRC audits, CCOF and USDA requirements
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.