Share on social:
The Quality Assurance Manager will develop and implement plant quality assurance systems for a beverage company in double digit growth mode. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and growing your own team; there is 20% travel to domestic co-manufacturers.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Responsible for the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems which will comply with all regulatory and SQF requirements by maintaining the document system and revising documents when updates are needed.
- Responsible for directing personnel in quality compliance and verifying all new equipment or product development implementations.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Use and maintain various types of product testing equipment, such as pH, refractive index, titrators and moisture analyzers.
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigate and adjust customer complaints regarding quality.
- Train and oversee compliance in GMP, HACCP and other food safety issues to meet shift and department requirements.
- Maintain effective manpower utilization systems.
- BS degree in science, chemistry, biology is required
- 6 years of experience in quality management
- 3 years of beverage manufacturing experience is a must and hotfill experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting statistical and analytical reports.
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong customer service mentality.
- An effective communicator with all levels in the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of Inventory, Manufacturing, Project Management and Spreadsheet software
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.