Share on social:
The QA Manager reports directly to the Director. The QA Manager plans, coordinates, and directs the quality assurance programs and works cross functionally with sales, production, customers and quality, to keep the company producing safe quality food.
- Directs the activities of the Quality Assurance Department and administers all quality programs that insure product quality and conform to GMP’s.
- Directs and monitors daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Directs the laboratory testing, the ordering of laboratory supplies and month-end inventory.
- Directs and conducts the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area Works with the R&D Department on the updating of Raw Material Specifications.
- Issues Reports for supplier non-compliance of raw materials specifications.
- Directs and conducts production trials as part of a trouble-shooting process for quality systems and conducts taste panels from such trials.
- Directs and administers all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Works to make sure the labeling and product is safe and complaint.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing
- Follows all Safe Quality Food (SQF) established standards, guidelines, and compliance measures.
- Will be the leader regarding HACCP and SQF
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree or related or equivalent industry experience, preferred.
- 5 years' experience with a food environment, baking preferred
- Must be HACCP certified and experienced with SQF, FDA and GMP
- Education background or experience with food safety, sanitation or production
- Great communicator with all levels of management and work as a team
- Computer skills, experience organizing data and interpreting statistical results
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.