Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for establishing and leading and/or executing all day-to-day quality/food safety program activities, including GMPs, PCs and CCPs, related to UHT pasteurization, air quality and CIP cleaning an ATP swabbing, third party audits, customer requirements, and any food-related environmental issues as they arise.
- Lead production facility in all aspects of Quality and Food Safety with the company.
- Directs and monitors daily material sampling and acceptance programs.
- Guide company to achieve GFSI certification, including creating, implementing and training required programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in making quality and regulatory decisions along with State, Local and Federal bodies.
- Directs and conducts the raw material quality control programs to ensure that all raw materials received and entering the processing area Works with the R&D Department on the updating of Raw Material Specifications.
- Develop and execute safety programs and training for people and products.
- Manages Allergen Preventive Controls Program ensuring accurate allergen labeling on finished food products and prevention of allergen cross contact.
- Directs and administers all programs to ensure to ensure food safety, such as, micro testing and releases, GMP audits, HACCP, Pest Control, cleaning and sanitation procedures and swabbing.
- Reviews and addresses customer complaint issues and issues in the Quality Report.
- Works to make sure the labeling and product is safe and complaint.
- Establishes and updates analytical testing procedures for the lab and perform routine testing.
- Follows all Safe Quality Food (SQF) established standards, guidelines, and compliance measures.
- Will be the leader regarding in maintaining the HACCP, SQF, USDA, FDA, FSIS, FSMA and FDA, local, State, Federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a food science degree, dairy, microbiology, food process engineering or related or equivalent industry experience, required.
- 3 years' experience with cultured dairy, pasteurized beverages or aseptic filling.
- 5 years' experience with quality management.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Must be HACCP certified and experienced with SQF, FDA, USDA, SSOPs and GMP.
- HACCP and GMP development, training in HARPC, PCQI and Better Processing Control School and achievement of certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of Organic, Kosher and Non-GMO and assures compliance is preferred.
- Strong data management, reporting and technical writing and ability to write good food safety plans.