Share on social:
Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and implementing food safety, Quality Assurance, and food safety training.
- Manage the Food Safety and Quality Assurance functions, as defined by company policy, acting as the SQF Practitioner, including a lead role in Crisis Management.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance, food safety and technical support for all products manufactured to meet FDA and USDA requirements.
- Knowledge and work experience with GFSI (Edition 8.1), FSMA Compliance and regulatory requirements, HARPC Risk Analysis Assessment and program development.
- Coordinate with sales, operations and the R&D function to assist the development and implementation of new products, process and product improvements and cost savings initiatives.
- In concert with Sales and Operation, prepare and maintain ingredient and finished product specifications, including supplier approvals and associated document control.
- Chair the Food Safety/HACCP Team and along with the other members to assure that root cause analysis and corrective actions, as defined by the HACCP team, are completed.
- Establish and implement the training function for food safety and other related programs to employees, contractors and suppliers.
- Along with Operations, approve and order supplies, equipment and ingredients.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Respond to customer and issues, providing input for corrective and preventive actions to the HACCP Team.
- Manage company third party food safety audit program, to meet customer and corporate needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related experience.
- 10 year’s experience in food industry, with quality supervisory background.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in cross functional situations.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.