Quality and Food Safety Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance for the implementation and maintenance of food safety and quality programs according to the policies defined
- Develop, maintain and coordinate quality objectives with production in cooperation with other personnel to ensure product safety and quality.
- Develop, document, and implement all quality programs, concentrating on regulations of GFSI and BRC certification
- Initiate and coordinate the investigation of all quality problems (internal and customer facing) and ensure proper cause identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Ensure GMP compliance with methods, procedures, instruments and employee training.
- Provide supervision and direction for the staff in QC and Sanitation departments, including scheduling, organizing and assigning work; maintaining quality, accuracy, and quantity of work; and giving advice, guidance, instruction and direction.
- Point person interacting with FDA, external audits, customers ad suppliers
- Oversee raw material conformance and finished product quality compliance
- Deploy leadership and guidance on deviations, initiate root cause and CAPA process.
- Develop detailed internal work methods, handle routine problems, recommend need for staff changes and initiate recommendations on personnel matters, conduct performance reviews and ensure all issues are documented accordingly.
- Track and implement pest control program and micro testing meeting the compliance of GSFI standards.
- Develop, document, and implement HACCP/ HARPC programs in accordance with FDA FSMA requirements.
- Bring all documentation online for better accuracy and availability.
- Support and organize supplier scorecard for raw materials, packaging and services.
- Participate in the development of product & process specifications internally and with private label customers, when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or Chemistry or related.
- 5 - 10 years of previous relevant experience (including 3+ years leadership/management experience).
- Experience and implementation of GFSI (FSSC 22000 / SQF Practitioner / BRC).
- FSMA / FSVP - PCQI (FDA Preventative Control Qualified Individual).
- Work Experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Experience with FDA plant inspections and Food Safety System audits.
- Experience with QA and FS rules and regulations, including planning and implementation.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines, and work in a team.
- Must be HACCP Certified.