Share on social:
QA/Technical Manager will be responsible for managing compliance with all food safety and food quality programs. Position implements, maintains, and improves best in class quality practices; provides technical expertise and support; and prepares, leads, and responds to corrective actions of regulatory, third party and customer driven audits.
- Managing compliance with all regulatory and company-defined food safety and sanitation standards, systems, procedures and practices. Maintain an effective and compliant Food Safety Plan (FSP) HACCP program. Ensure effective Trace-Recall system and protocol. Write and review plant policies and procedures in regards to food safety and food quality programs.
- Ensure food security/safety programs are effective and manage emerging issues, as necessary.
- Provide risk assessment analysis. Manage issues with non-conforming product to ensure proper control, minimizing losses and providing analysis to eliminate future occurrences.
- Conduct sanitation and product safety and quality inspections. Ensure the facility meets all Companies regulatory, sanitation and product safety guidelines. Provide technical expertise to resolve problem areas. Serve as a liaison to external auditors.
- Provide leadership and supervision of plant quality and lab staff. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Lead the quality improvement effort within the facility. Establish and maintain key product requirements including analytical and sensory. Review, investigate and respond to consumer complaints. Use plant specific consumer complaint information to develop quality improvement focus areas.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret in-process and analytical data to measure quality goals and initiate action for quality improvement. May review daily and shift quality paperwork as completed by operators and technicians. Assist production with identifying key metrics for in-process quality and food safety control through defined procedures and best practices. Create and/or review complaints and other reports and address issues. Communicate findings that affect the safety or quality or products.
- Establish and maintain ingredient and packaging quality management programs and ensure that a calibrated sensory program is in place for the facility.
- Educate plant staff in the fundamentals of basic food chemistry, basic applied statistics (SPC), GMP’s, HACCP, Allergen, Food Defense, Food Safety Plan (FSP), Food Safety Preventive Controls for Human Foods (FSPCA), sanitation and regulatory updates and requirements.
- Manage department budget and resources. Continually seek and implement cost savings and productivity improvement projects.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of quality systems management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- HACCP, PCQI and SQF practitioner’s certification are required.
- Acidified Foods Certification may be required for some plant locations.
- Experience in Thermal Processing is desirable.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement is a plus
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.