Share on social:
QA/QC Manager will perform complex, non-repetitive, technical duties relative to managing QA/QC functions within the plant. Provide leadership to plant and Lab and personnel to assure that internal and external procedures and product specifications are achieved/maintained. Must be able to work with a cross functional team representing and providing technical expertise in both Chemistry and Microbiology of products. This team would include Marketing, Sales, R & D, Quality Assurance and Operations. This position will report to the Director of Regulatory and Quality Affairs.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining QA/QC policy, standard operation procedures and laboratory programs i.e., GFSI, (BRC) FDA, State and local requirements.
- Provide detailed reporting on QA/QC activities.
- Serve as processing authority for HACCP.
- Maintain a safe work environment but adhering to standards and conducting routine.
- Validate and implement new micro and chemical methods and procedures.
- Assist with research and development work on cost effectiveness, implementing line extensions/product changes and in-plant testing of new products prior to full-scale production.
- Design sampling programs for receiving materials, finished product, environmental and in-processing swabs.
- Provide guidance in troubleshooting chemical, physical or microbial issues.
- Perform chemical and physical analysis of food ingredients and finished food samples using established chemistry methods and procedure to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Participate in providing management with laboratory assistance involving product performance, both improvements and corrective measures.
- Development of Lab and supervisory personnel for further advancements and overall job satisfaction.
- Provide guidance in troubleshooting formulation issues relate to chemical analysis.
- Serve as liaison with local, area, and Federal USDA and FDA personnel.
- Maintain laboratory proficiency testing standards, accreditation and laboratory standard procedures manual.
- Provide technical expertise to the plant on sanitation and gmp’s.
- Work with internal EHS Manager to maintain laboratory safety manual.
- Verification and Validation of laboratory training as well as providing training material.
- Provide guidance of product and ingredient lethality studies.
- Perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical, microbiological or chemical properties of food products.
- Provide guidance on customer complaints related to out of specification or compliance.
- Assure all regulations & customer regulations are met. Aid in commercialization, product and process improvement.
- Provide expertise to the sanitation team on cleaning procedures, sanitizer procedures, as well as environmental cleaning processes and procedures.
- Experience leading a Quality Assurance/Control team in the Food or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- University degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, or related technical field.
- Leadership experience in a Quality Assurance/Control environment.
- Knowledge of food safety standards, HACCP, PCQI, BRC or GFSI, GMP and food defense etc.
- Requires 5 or more years of work experience with 3 years of relative experience as a Microbiologist, Chemist or similar.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 managerial standards.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills – SAP is an advantage.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.