Project Engineer will be responsible for Planning and executing tasks on assigned projects.
- Completing and continuously updating detailed project management documentation and other forms as required by company ISO Quality Management System.
- Providing design for injection molding (DFIM) support to current and potential customers. Deep collaboration with other members of the Engineering Team as well as with the Toolmaking Team.
- Analyzing, collecting, communicating, and mitigating risks in service to the design & development process.
- Assist in the management of new injection mold builds: creating and monitoring timelines, conducting mold design reviews with relevant members of the team, preparing Mold Logs, developing Part Description Forms and BOMs, performing incoming mold inspections, performing first article inspection (FAI) reporting when appropriate.
- Managing mold modifications, both customer and company driven: Review change impact to tooling, drive supplier selection & evaluation, managing and negotiating timelines and costs, part description adjustment, mold inspection, 1st article review & submission if necessary, and quality plan adjustment.
- Provide support to production processes & quality team if necessary: Fixture and gage design and implementation, participating in internal quality investigations, performing capability studies, and updating procedures and forms.
- Maintaining a strong eye towards continual internal improvement, focusing on the enhancement or replacement of outdated practices and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of product design / engineering experience.
- Experience with utilizing the design principles for injection molded plastic parts.
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA).
- Superior proficiency with Solid works and PDM in designing parts and assemblies, and in the creation of detailed 2D drawings. Knowledge of the multi-body design approach, advanced surfacing techniques, and GD&T are desirable.
- Project management experience and ability to use MS Project to plan and monitor & control activities.
- Experience in the application of Scientific Molding and Scientific Processing techniques at a molding press.