Share on social:
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and effective use of all people, time and material in meeting assigned production schedules. Safety, sanitation, housekeeping, GMP standards, problem solving ability as well as good employee relations are considered key elements to success.
- Assist in control and regulation of packaging operations by maintaining standard operating procedures, making prescribed changes and adjustments when necessary, and maintaining daily productions rates, yield, quality, and line efficiencies according to customer requirements.
- Direct the work force performance through proper administration of the Company policies. Discipline directly where necessary to maintain control of operations.
- Direct the labor force to maintain clean housekeeping areas in meeting GMP and Quality System established standards. This includes employee work practices and the proper cleaning of packaging equipment.
- Obtain and maintain line efficiencies through the supervision and administration of the Maintenance program with the assistance of production employees, and the Maintenance Department
- Ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations and policies.
- Ensure manufacturing/shipping quality, quantity, efficiency and maintenance of area.
- Train personnel in proper safety and operation techniques.
- Act as fill in for other supervisors and lead persons in the area in which they work in the case of an absence.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree in operations, technical, business or engineering is preferred.
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience preferably in food packaging, process, and /or food safety and security. Previous supervisory experience/leadership experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Must be PC literate with working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook as AS400/IBM
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.