Share on social:
Production Supervisor near Chicago, IL will be responsible for food manufacturing and packaging environment; plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvement in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position is accountable for every aspect in the assigned area. Reporting is to the Operations Manager and overseeing 40 - 60 employees. The shift works M-F with 12 hour days and the hours of 7am to 7pm.
- Work with the Production Manager to effectively monitor and maintain cost, quality and environment of the department.
- Coordinate and monitor scheduling, promote and ensure safety programs are practiced
- Ensure that production and packaging requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure proper set-up of the process, to include machinery, computers and product schedule.
- Promote and train Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure the quality and integrity of product.
- Assume an active role in plant Safety Programs, including leadership of plant Safety Teams
- Communicate effectively cross functionally with all departments
- Complete all assigned paperwork, including production/packaging records, Master Cleaning Sanitation
- High School Diploma and knowledge within a food manufacturing facility
- 5 years supervisory/leadership experience in a food manufacturing/packaging environment
- Experience evaluating production/packaging processes and determine the most efficient method of accomplishing goals.
- Proven success to lead, influence and inspire people, and promote quality, safety, and teamwork.
- Looking for people not adverse to change, able to develop new teams and product line startups.