Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervising teams in production, packaging, logistics and makes sure all products coming off the line have the highest quality possible
- Supervise all associates directly assigned to production, packaging and logistics’ teams and work closely with associates in the Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Human Resource departments and the Executives.
- Meet production rates, yield and quality standards as specified by the operations’ goals.
- Conduct plant tours at regular frequency verifying that recipes are being followed, that the speed and divider weights are according to standards, that the line parameters are according to setup sheets, that the production and quality forms & logs are being filled out properly and that the plant SOPs are being followed by each team. Note any discrepancies, if any are found, communicate with employees and determine root cause of problem.
- Provide leadership in restoring problems that may arise. Involve the plant manager as needed.
- Ensures that only the highest quality products are produced, not only in the product itself, but in processing, packaging, labeling, appearance, and every other indicator.
- Continuously research work methods or procedures to improve plant efficiencies and lower wastes. Communicate them to the plant manager.
- Ensure communication of necessary equipment repairs or improvements to the maintenance department through the work order system.
- Train new employees on the job according to the procedure and document the training progress.
- Coach and mentor employees into high performing individuals to achieve excellence.
- Counsel and discipline the employees as needed following the handbook.
- When needed, documents notable items of associates, both positive and negative, and places in personnel file.
- Support SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality through training of the employees on SOPs and SSOPs, monitoring the adherence to the procedures, completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner following prescribed procedures.
- Actively participate to the HACCP, Corrective action committees and meetings.
- Complete preoperational checks at the beginning of a run, at each change over and after maintenance work is complete.
- Verify and sign all documents related to food safety and ensure it is filled out according to the SOPs in place and address any issues with the documentation as they arise with the employee and the QA department.
- Report food safety problems to the QA department or a manager.
5 years’ experience in a production supervisory role in the food industry.
Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.