Production Supervisor will be responsible for planning, organizing and controlling daily production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, safely, on time, and in accordance with quality requirements.
- Implements production plans to ensure customer satisfaction and product quality.
- Provide oversight for all production lines to ensure that production targets and standards are met.
- Develop, implement and enforce SOP’s for existing production lines.
- Partner with Quality Manager to ensure production processes meet quality standards and requirements.
- Partner with safety officer to champion safety on the production floor and across operations.
- Maintain close surveillance over operations through review of reports, staff meetings, observation and personal contact to ensure timely production, and optimal utilization of personnel, skills, equipment and facilities.
- Supervise and coordinate the various programs essential to production, e.g., housekeeping, cost reduction, wage administration, plant security, etc.
- Ensure that ERP/MRP and RedZone are utilized effectively on the production floor.
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement and lean manufacturing projects.
- Using quantifiable data and information make recommendations, drive process improvements and provide accurate and timely data to leadership.
- Develop and deliver training as required for production staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, food science, industrial technology or related field or equivalent of education and experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a production supervisory role in a comparable company.
- Experience working in food production required.
- Experience with manufacturing quality processes and standardization methodologies (LEAN, Kaizan or Six Sigma) preferred.
- Successful experience managing multi-cultural production teams.