Production Supervisor will be responsible for directing and supervising a production and packaging group; plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvement in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position is accountable for every aspect in the assigned area. Position works 6 days a week, 10 hours per day.
- Maintain production and packaging within a union high speed food manufacturing facility
- Ensure area is clean and organized and free of potential hazards to employees
- Validate product criteria for entire process
- Monitor employee behavior and take appropriate action.
- Monitor the efficiency and yields through the shift
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Confer with other supervisors and shift leaders to coordinate operations and activities
- Maintain operations data such as time, production and cost records and prepare management reports of production results
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Provide written reports of issues, problems and/or observations on a daily basis.
- Confer with management, co-workers and/or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a high speed food production or manufacturing facility.
- Minimum 1 year of supervision.
- HACCP and SQF knowledge preferred.
- Proactive thinking to see positive ways to improve process and automation.
- Success in individual contributor as well as within a team environment.