Share on social:
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the hands on management of production employees in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Plans, assigns, and directs production employees to ensure maximum efficiency, quality of products and safety of employees.
- Provides leadership, support and direction in team oriented environment.
- Coordinates production schedule to meet customer needs.
- Ensure OSHA compliance.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Monitor and resolve inventory issues.
- Conduct thorough audits of safety and SQF related issues and assign corrections.
- Monitor production trends of under achieving lines and correct or make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and Implement improvement and quality initiatives.
- Determine staffing and production needs for the next shift and relay this information to Team Coordinators so they can make necessary line preparations.
- Manages shifts performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Develops and revises standard operational procedures (SOP) to ensure flawless compliance with established procedures.
- Manage and develop production staff including training, performance
- Oversee Team Coordinator activities
- Handles all disciplinary actions
- Handles the scheduling of all vacation, sick and personal time for all Production and Sanitation associates on their respective shifts.
- Oversee Team Coordinator daily meetings
- Identify process improvement ideas
- Must be SAP proficient
- Supervise and direct the Sanitation team on daily tasks.
- BA/BS preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment, managing 80-100 direct reports
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Required to work a flexible schedule, Overtime when necessary
- SAP proficient
- Proficiency in MS office programs
- Knowledge of GMP/SQF requirements
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Safety trained
- Strong continuous improvement skills