Share on social:
Production Supervisor 2nd Shift near Wabash city area, IN will be responsible for supervising production with a team of 30 – 40 employees in order to drive a highly efficient production operation to produce high quality products. This position requires strong leadership skills and people and process development. The Production Team Leader must mentor associates and ensure that proper quality, sanitation and safety guidelines are met. Seeking for a talented professional for promotion to Production Manager.
- Ensure the safety of all employees in the operation of equipment through proper training, enforcement of safety rules, documentation, and following proper procedures and GMP protocols
- Ability to comply with all safety and department regulations.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Ensure production lines are operating efficiently and running at targeted throughput
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that downtime is minimized and yield is maximized.
- Ability to enforce all safety, 5S and continuous improvement programs.
- Manage Production Schedules and employee schedules and ensure correct crewing and de-crewing processes are being followed in accordance with crewing standards.
- Coach and mentor frontline workforce to drive line productivity, efficiencies and yields.
- Ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to explain policies and procedures to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- Track KPI/costs and anticipate as well as correct trends which would compromise the achievement of financial targets.
- Ensure proper and accurate reporting of all daily requirements and metrics (quality, safety, schedule attainment, case fill rate, order fill rate, yield)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field but high school diploma or equivalent accepted
- Minimum of 5+ years’ supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Assembly experience is an advantage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- An understanding of production procedures, safety processes and food safety/quality requirements is desired (FDA compliance).
- Exposure to TPM, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills required and must be self-motivated and independent.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization