Share on social:
Production Superintendent near Baltimore, MD and will be responsible for Provide leadership and supervision for the assigned production shift and associated personnel. Effectively motivate, train and communicate with their assigned shift teams to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, sanitation, and quality. Ensure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Prepare and conduct team meetings as necessary for proper communications and development of teams. Have the ability to work with the Maintenance and Quality Assurance staff to create a cooperative environment on their assigned shift.
- Develop an expert knowledge of the production process and all associated equipment. Be able to analytically and systematically troubleshoot manufacturing issues and develop the team to be self-directed in the same activities.
- Be able to perform daily checks and reports to insure the highest quality of product produced within Good Manufacturing Practices as they apply to the production of the product. Maintain shift performance and quality documentation.
- Participate in and lead GMP’s that improve safety, quality, reliability, sanitation and reduce waste.
- Maintain the plant’s manufacturing equipment in sanitary condition (ensure employees clean and sanitize tanks and pipe routings, hook up and load / unload raw/finished material delivery tankers, clean work areas according to plant SOPs in order to assure the quality of the manufactured product.
- Reinforce sense of urgency during production runs and periods of machine downtime. Effectively communicate issues to management team.
- This position is a 2nd shift position. From 2 PM to approximately 11 PM. Days off are Sunday and Wednesday.
- The ability to work with groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds.
- Ability to achieve results through others.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Knowledge of pasteurization equipment beneficial.
- Packaging fluid liquid a plus.