Production Scheduler will be responsible for monitoring all raw material inventories and deliveries to assure all raw material is rotated first in, first out, and make any necessary adjustments to optimize raw materials and plant efficiency.
- Scheduling all production areas for Elkhart, bacon. Report needed.
- Manage rotation and consumption of all raw materials. Monitor inventory and report as needed.
- Schedule delivery days/times for all raw materials. Report out as appropriate.
- Verify through cost accounting and R&D all recipes are current, accurate and optimized.
- Utilize and learn all SAP functions supporting production planning.
- Communicate all production schedules and work with production, sales, category management, QA, R&D and others departments as needed.
- Schedule all shipments of finished goods, and internal transfers from Elkhart.
- Align plant capacities and availability with demand requirements.
- Convert monthly log MPS into raw material requirements by week.
- Provide support for plants to meet sales and customer demands.
- Effectively communicate obstacles and opportunities.
- BS degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of meat processing experience.
- Knowledge of perishable food manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and technology applied.
- Must be able to accept change and understanding of dealing with a perishable product.
- Very fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking at any given time.