Share on social:
Production Manager will be responsible to meet overall division goals while maintaining high quality standards and exceptional customer service. Managing fabrication through to packaging and shipping.
- Familiarity with processing equipment: Grinders, forming machines, stuffers, clipping machines, roll stock machines, packaging equipment.
- Trains and coaches supervisors/management to recognize opportunities and realize their impact on the operation.
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime.
- Tracks progress of yields, labor, and all related expenses.
- Identifies opportunities and implement solutions.
- Ensures efficient and profitable operations by conformation to specifications and procedures.
- Formulates or approves short and long term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and/or integration as undertaken at the plant level.
- BS degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required within meat processing.
- Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures.
- Solid understanding of OSHA, USDA and Food Safety regulations, HACCP, SQF or BRC.
- Knowledge of the meat Industry, preferred.
- Ability to work with, and lead, a diverse workforce.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft software (Excel and Word).
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- High level of organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills.
- Interview, hire, train, and supervise production workers. Approve time off for production employees and cross-train worker teams for maximum production flexibility
- Oversee production employees by creating schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.