Share on social:
Production Manager near Los Angeles area, CA will be responsible for oversee and manage production, processing operations, packaging operations, scheduling, quality, maintenance, sanitation, receiving and shipping. Responsible for the strategic, operational and administrative leadership and coordination of people, equipment and materials. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and will oversee 120 production employees with 5 direct reports.
- Experienced at monitoring high speed food plant operations
- Responsible for leading and managing the Production, Sanitation, Receiving and Shipping departments
- Responsible for reviewing production operating reports, budgets, KPI targets and drive operational improvements to meet company goals
- Responsible for motivating his/her management team to accomplish company objectives concerning productivity, food safety, direct labor costs, material usage costs, minimizing downtime, throughputs and specific product quality standards.
- Responsible for collaborating with Quality Assurance to resolve food safety issues.
- Responsible for recommending; process improvements, improved equipment design, improved process flow, and solutions concerning production related problems.
- Responsible for being prepared and participating in all external plant audits and federal and local agency audits.
- Participate as a functional member of the food safety team
- BS degree in technical degree - Food Science, Science or Engineering
- 7+ years high speed food manufacturing management
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- Knowledge of equipment, process and people management
- Strong project management, team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Able to interact, motivate and lead individuals at all levels
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.