Share on social:
Production Manager- Further Processing near Mitchell, SD will be responsible for Coordinate various manufacturing functions within a single facility. Take ownership of the plant and accept responsibility for all aspects of the Production Operation including safety when the Plant Manager is unavailable.
- Coordinate various manufacturing functions within a single facility. Take ownership of the plant and accept responsibility for all aspects of the Production Operation including Safety when the Plant Manager is unavailable
- Guiding, directing and over-seeing the Production and Sanitation Departments and all associated Supervisors and reports to ensure safe and efficient operation at all times
- Ensure the production of quality products in compliance with HACCP, BRC, GMP and CFIA requirements
- Cultivate and promote a positive and innovative work environment
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of profit, ROI, process improvements and utilize new technologies to maximize efficiency
- Strategize and Liaise with other departments that impact production
- Ensure timely completion of plant goals/ action plans both short and long term.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of staff, equipment, facilities, materials and capital
- Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring high quality product standards
- BS degree preferred
- 5-10 years of production experience within meat
- Strong understanding of HACCP, SQF and USDA
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- Reviewing and enhancing production processes, controls and specifications on an ongoing basis
- Reviewing and reporting on productivity for the departments.
- Coordinating production schedules with all plant departments to ensure on time deliveries
- Training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly responsible for the organization and maintenance of written programs and pertinent records.
- Work with QA Manager and other team members for successful 3rd party plant audits for the facility.
- Conduct process and plant audits.
- Direct and develop as needed process control procedures ensuring production of finished products meet quality specifications and standards.
- Identify and analyze problems in order to facilitate solutions.
- Meeting directly with customers along with sales as needed.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.