Production Manager Digital Imaging will be responsible for the manufacturing of digital imaging products for medical application.
- Support the mission, vision, and shared values.
- Manage the production and delivery of medical digital imaging solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for medical image interpretation (i.e., CT and MR).
- Hire, train and develop a highly capable team of direct labor to manufacture digital products.
- Perform in the supervisor/administrator roles for image segmentation service manufacturing lines, as needed.
- Establish programs that drive ongoing productivity improvements. Use lean and six sigma principles as appropriate.
- Initiate and lead projects to adapt manufacturing practices and procedures to digital imaging products.
- Assist with interpretation, categorization and response to customer complaints and feedback, directly and with assistance from clinical experts.
- Collaborate with New Product Introduction (NPI) engineers to develop, implement and optimize manufacturing processes for digital imaging.
- Complete steps in manufacturing planning system (SAP).
- Review, understand, interpret medical images (including CT, MR and 3D models) and manage data files within the production environment.
- Achieve manufacturing plan consistently while managing cost and without compromising quality and compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to optimize cost, quality, capacity, lead-time, delivery and time to market for new products.
- Develop and implement metrics to track progress against operational and strategic goals. Report results to upper management.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to ensure alignment of goals and priorities. Key functional teams to align with include Engineering/Design, New Product Introduction, Regulatory, Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, Product Quality and Product Marketing.
- Ensure availability of manufacturing capacity, including trained personnel, to meet increasing demand for existing products and for the launch of new products.
- Establish cost-efficient manufacturing sites outside of Sunnyvale as required by the business. Establish staff and facilities at new locations. Travel required.
- Identify and drive implementation of projects designed to improve efficiency, reduce cost, improve quality, increase flexibility and increase capacity. Proposed projects shall be based on sound financial analysis and clearly articulated business needs.
- Monitor compliance to budgets and take timely corrective actions as needed to stay on track.
- Drive the operation to continuously improve and achieve increased manufacturing capabilities that meet or exceed requirements for cost, quality, delivery and responsiveness.
- Manage the implementation of manufacturing lines and equipment to support efficiencies and cost reductions, including efforts to lower cost, in coordination with the New Product Introduction team.
- Demonstrated experience in production line management.
- Minimum BS in engineering sciences, BS Business Administration or equivalent, advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people within a production environment and get results through others.
- Experience in building digital manufacturing lines and the delivery of high-quality digital products.
- Experience with interpretation of medical imaging, including CT and MR (abdominal and/or thoracic).
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven experience and track record regarding process improvement of digital imaging products.
- Strong technical analytical skills including value stream mapping, pFMEA, statistical methods, and six sigma techniques.
- Able to foster a culture of enthusiasm and engagement in challenging and meaningful manufacturing operations work in an inclusive environment.
- Hands-on ego-less leader, willing to work shoulder-to-shoulder with manufacturing employees.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft software applications.
- Experience with SAP and Tableau skill is desirable.
- Knowledge of medical product documentation (requirements, risk assessments, test protocols, reports) is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer networks and cybersecurity is a plus.