Share on social:
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Manager will evaluate, organize, plan and control the activities of the Production, Purchasing, Shipping / Receiving departments. The Production Manager will communicate regularly with Supervisors to ensure that all objectives are met while maintaining an overall positive and productive workplace climate. Assurance that all hygiene regulations and good manufacturing practices are upheld as well as maintaining safety and quality policies.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the production department within a manufacturing establishment, under the direction of the plant manager.
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and prepare production reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Communicate information to management and co-workers.
- Effectively motivate and direct employees by facilitating/mentoring continuous improvement.
- Understand and follow all aspects of the Collective Agreement, and manage grievances at the primary stage.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment paying particular attention to OHSA and employer / manager / supervisor obligations under the Act
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
- Minimum five years of operations management experience in manufacturing (preferably meat processing) is required.
- Target driven mind-set with a proven track record of increasing profitability.
- Strong organizational, planning and strategic management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a mid-level management team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience in coordinating, supervising and scheduling unionized employees.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BIOSECURITY, SFQ, CFIA and OHSA.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Completion of university degree from a recognized university (or assessed by UoT) in engineering or business administration is required.