Production Manager will be responsible for supervising the people who are primarily responsible for all aspects of production.
- Uphold company values while representing the Company with enthusiasm and confidence.
- Ensure a safe workplace and address safety issues as they arise. This includes ensuring that the facility has been cycled down properly.
- Maintain a professional work environment that fosters a collaborative team spirit with respect for each individual.
- Ensure short and long-term production goals, objectives and plans are met, subject to approval by the Head Brewer.
- Work directly with the Head Brewer to plan, coordinate, and control the daily operation of the Operations Department.
- Provide the team with guidance, direction, and the authority necessary to execute approved initiatives consistent with our established goals, policies, and values.
- Keep the Head Brewer and DBO informed about important developments in real-time.
- To include employee concerns, production process deviations.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with the Operations Team as well as all team members.
- Review, edit and approve time sheets, and address PTO/Sick time requests.
- Ensure payroll hours are correct and approved prior to payroll deadlines.
- Create and maintain hourly production staff schedules every two (2) weeks.
- Schedule will need to be updated as needed.
- Collect, analyze, and database quality control data. This involves both in-process and post-production quality control monitoring and analysis.
- Troubleshoot production SOPs and create new methods and techniques to improve the overall quality of the product.
- Take the lead with process-related production issues and researching possible causes and solutions.
- Perform standardized analytical testing which includes but is not limited to: pH, gravity, dissolved carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, seam analysis, ABV, flavor, and shelf-life.
- This includes organizing and tracking analytical data.
- Review packaged quality in bottles, cans, and kegs - including packaging material quality according to established protocols.
- This includes working with Brewery personnel to determine the root cause and possible solutions for analytical issues.
- Order and inventory consumable production materials. May include importing data to various operating systems.
- Train Brewery personnel on the proper performance of SOPs and the use of production equipment.
- Oversee employee performance, and production, address issues as they arise.
- Adhere to the Quality Management System and provide inputs toward continually improving its scope and effectiveness.
- Develop Brewery personnel by providing them tools and support within a defined individual development plan.
- Proactively balance workloads to optimize the effectiveness and productivity of the team
- A combination of coursework and on-the job training that provides the technical skills necessary to understand all aspects of brewing.
- It is preferred that they have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Brewing or Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Engineering.
- 5 years of hands-on experience managing a cold pressed juicing production facility.