Share on social:
Take the lead in research, design, and recommendation of new products resulting from Concept to Market meetings, customer requests or management direction. Work with research sciences, operations, and other resources to assess product feasibility, costs and revenue potential in the market. The incumbent will lead a team that will work collaboratively with the Sales team to design & develop product solutions for potentially new product formats that contribute to the overall innovation agenda. This position will operate under minimal supervision from management and have the discretion to adjust formulas, product evaluations or other variables during the development phase. This position will directly supervise the Food Technicians. Their market is in supplying Mexican foods for the co-manufacturing & private label market.
- Partner with Sales on brand strategy
- Lead product development conversations with customers
- Drive benefit/claim clarity
- Responsible for strategically researching and developing new and innovative items
- Research market reports
- Accurately secure and present complete price quotes for all departments
- Ability to understand long-term implications of product positioning and claim strategies for the business with ability to plan and communicate accordingly
- Collaborate with affiliate companies to secure synergistic company procurement
- Conduct internal product presentations and market related training
- Propose and champion solutions leading to better products, packages, concepts, processes, methodologies, and models that build the business effectiveness
- BS in Food Science or Culinary
- Experience working on product development projects within the Mexican food cuisine
- Prefer 5+ years work experience in a consumer and technical R&D discipline
- Knowledge of chemical composition, structure and properties of substances, chemical processes, production techniques, product specifications, safety, sanitary and food storage and handling techniques.
- Three to five years of project management experience. Demonstrated ability to move products from ideation to commercialization.
- In depth knowledge of requirements for nutritional data and regulatory requirements from USDA and FDA as well as state and local health and food safety code. Previous experience with American Institute of Baking (AIB), BRC and HACCP requirements
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to apply clear logic to troubleshoot and resolve conflicts and unexpected outcomes.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.