Share on social:
Process Engineer will be responsible for the evaluation and analyzation of data produced from the manufacturing process systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices.
- Evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems. Continuous review of existing processing equipment and procedures for relevance and efficiency, formulate solutions when shortfalls are noted. Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Work with Sales, R&D, Purchasing, Production and Quality to ensure successful conversion of small-scale pilot plant process to commercially viable production. Create and maintain master recipes and control recipes in the systems (SAP/WinCC). Provide technical input for recipe management and equipment selection from initial recipe development to scale-up to commercial production.
- Improve manufacturing process capability and production capacity while maintaining and improving quality standards. Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of manufacturing process.
- Project Leader to improve quality and efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- Perform new ingredient testing. Collect, record, transcribe data and publish report.
- Work with Production, QA, R & D and Maintenance groups to review records and data to find root causes of non-conforming production and develop corrective actions. Provide suggestions during incident investigations (e.g. Customer Complaint, product defect). Provide input when necessary on Food Safety, GMP and HACCP.
- Provide engineering and/or technical support for all factory floor systems, to include working with maintenance department to help troubleshoot and resolve known issues (including but not limited to PLC control system).
- Participate or lead in validation and commissioning of new and modified equipment.
- Develop, implement and document novel and creative solutions to complex problems with various system dynamics.
- BS in Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline.
- 1-3 years Process Engineer experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Flexibility to frequent changes; and the ability to perform in an active environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with other departments and employees.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, SAP and other software systems.
- Knowledge and /or specialized training in HACCP, GMPs and SQF.
- Knowledge of Aseptic (HTST) Processing Systems and requirements.
- Knowledge of HMI, SCADA and data archiving systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting Ladder Logic Programming or PLC control programming.