Share on social:
Plant Manager near Tyler, TX will be responsible for Managing the 200-person plant to create and facilitate continuous improvement of plant processes, systems and competencies; focusing on opportunities to improve employee safety, product quality, and plant efficiency. Analyze the needs of the facility, use of materials, productive use of available labor and control of overhead costs.
- Direct and coordinate plant operations and production, with the help of supervisors, to meet the KPI expectations.
- Maintain a clean and safe plant for both employees and production
- Establish and direct plant new methods and procedures to improve operations, minimize operating costs and labor usage.
- Responsible for achieving plant production goals, KPIs and costs.
- Maintain plant for audit ready compliance for FDA, USDA, SQF Level 3 standards
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of purchasing, production and shipping.
- Supervise the timely preparation and accurate submittal of all reports for the purpose of guiding strategic management decisions.
- Responsible for establishing all shift production schedules.
- Responsible for monitoring the product quality for the plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Five + years of management experience in food manufacturing and processing.
- Must be a “hands on” manager with six sigma process and formal lean manufacturing training preferred.
- Trained and experienced with HACCP and SQF quality compliance
- Strong employee safety, food safety, customer and quality focus.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong analytical methodology
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.