Share on social:
The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Provides effective leadership, motivation, and inspiration for the site team; supervises and develops team members to consistently achieve their individual and team goals.
- Leads site management collaboration and communications; sets and maintains scheduled individual and team meetings to discuss performance, operational issues, and planning.
- Generates and provides labor and production planning, determines production schedules, and makes necessary modifications based on customer demands, product and material availability, and/or transportation constraints on a continuing basis to insure all production and delivery deadlines are met.
- Works with corporate and local site leadership to effectively implement SGI policies and goals.
- Creates, maintains, and insures the proper execution by site personnel, of all formal operational policies, procedures (SOPs), and quality specifications.
- Actively initiates root cause analysis and corrective actions for nonconforming incidents and unusual occurrences within the operation.
- Ensures all new hires meet SGI standards and federal requirements, and that effective staff on-boarding and ongoing training programs and activities are conducted in a timely manner.
- Resolves workers’ problems, complaints and grievances.
- Creates, evaluates, and operates within a budget and spending plan with the assistance of corporate financial personnel.
- Evaluates packaging labor wages as a percentage of sales, and continually monitors the total numbers of labor hours in the work week, eliminating overtime.
- Calculates and projects the labor and equipment requirements along with production specifications using standard formulas.
- Oversees the logistics and operations of seasonal farm and greenhouse.
- Ensures effective communication between receivers and procurement regarding the quantity of product received, and that it meets quality standards and yield requirements of the pack floor.
- Oversees and constantly improves upon the production process to ensure that it is as efficient and profitable as possible.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the SGI customer and product mix, focusing on order fulfillment and seasonal demands.
- Responsible for all initiatives to maximize throughput while maintaining the highest safety and quality standards in the industry.
- Constantly evaluates the receiving of raw materials and shipping of final goods, and indirect costs, to ensure the lowest cost of goods possible.
- Generates and analyzes periodic reports of employee productivity, seasonal trends, and efficiency at the site.
- Continuously monitors the total yield per pound on an aggregate and specific herb basis.
- Ensures there is efficient and effective communication between all operational shifts and work groups.
- Maintains interaction and relationships with corporate marketing, procurement, and transportation leadership to effectively execute site activities.
- Ensures the appropriate procurement and approvals of products, equipment, and materials to reduce waste, consolidate items and quantities, and negotiates better prices with suppliers.
- Ensures all site personnel receive the necessary training and tools required for their respective position and adhere to all associated rules and regulations. Expediently communicates changes of any established safety, security, quality and food safety standards and/or requirements.
- Stays up-to-date with HACCP, food safety, and organic certification requirements, ensuring the site continually operates compliantly. Participates in all associated audit activities. Oversees and ensures the vitality of the recall program, and stays up-to-date with evolving FDA & USDA requirements
- Stays up-to-date with evolving industry technology in equipment and food safety solutions, ensuring continuous improvement in all site operations.
- Accountable for immediately notifying supervisor of any observed safety concerns.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, manufacturing, business or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in food manufacturing, logistics, or production/manufacturing plant operations
- Bilingual in Spanish & English preferred but not required
- Budgeting experience a major plus but not required
- Multi-Site experience a major plus but not required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate and convey information with others at varying educational levels.
- Knowledge of business management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, production methods and coordination of personnel and resources.
- Must possess good knowledge of industry food safety and quality control standards.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and direct personnel as they work.
- Excellent knowledge of company’s product lines.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret governmental regulations (OSHA, FDA, USDA, etc.).
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes and methodologies.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.