Share on social:
Plant Manager directs and is responsible for assigned plant. Ensures the plant meets the group’s overall business plans and objectives.
- Responsible for the overall safety performance of the plant by ensuring safety programs, standard work and standard operating procedures are followed, and ensures the plant is always operated with employee safety as the number one concern.
- Directs plant operations for the manufacture of products in accordance with process and product specifications and quality standards, complying with contractual and/or customer requirements and meeting financial objectives.
- Mentors and develops plant staff to increase their skills and unleash talent.
- Uses Tiered Lean Manufacturing Process, and daily Gemba walks with staff, to drive accountability at all levels of the organization.
- Uses continuous improvement tools to close gaps to the plant’s Strategic A3 in safety, quality and productivity performance.
- Directs the plant level quality assurance functions.
- Directs the plant level production function.
- Directs the plant level manufacturing engineering function.
- Directs the plant level human resources and administration function.
- Provides, justifies, administers, and manages the plant operating budget.
- Ensures plant is in compliance with all legal requirements.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Creates an environment of high engagement, at all levels, where leadership flourishes and accountability is expected at all levels.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with the plant’s customer base through regularly scheduled visits.
- Ensures the plant maintains established housekeeping standards.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and transforming organizations using Lean Management principles in manufacturing. Ability to teach/coach Lean / Six Sigma /Problem Solving concepts to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability in tools as: SPC, process capability, pareto analysis, root cause problem solving, fishbone, 5 Whys, SMED, DOE, 5S, KPI, VSM and kaizen events
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through a college education.
- Job related experience of at least 5 years.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing full P&L
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, with attention to detail and customer sensitivities.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and motivate employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated results in creating plant processes to assure product is produced consistently and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with all levels of the organization, to identify areas of opportunity and to improve company operations.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.