Plant Manager will be responsible for coordinating and directing all of the major plant functions, maintain good employee relations and meet all budgetary objects.
- Guides department managers in the development of labor usage strategies to better the utilize resources, reacting to changes in production demands and deadlines.
- Communicates to management and plant personnel changes in policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Oversees the development and implementation of companywide policies and procedures.
- Ensures personnel adherence to policies, safety standards, and good manufacturing practices.
- Actively supports all continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant.
- Actively monitors and supports all safety projects and efforts throughout the plant.
- Consults with corporate offices and plant management team to develop annual operating budget.
- Guides management team to ensure plant operates efficiently while meeting or exceeding corporate financial goals.
- Reviews detailed labor standards by cost center to support annual budgeting process.
- Actively works with the Human Resources Department in policy development, employee grievances, employee development issues, and employee motivation.
- Work with Engineering and Maintenance departments to develop strategies to reduce production equipment downtime due to equipment failures.
- Actively works with Continuous Improvement Coordinator, Engineering Manager, and Maintenance Manager on equipment process flows, optimization of plant layouts, coordination of shutdowns, and startups due to new production lines and equipment installations.
- Oversees Cost Accounting on new products costing, developing standards, analysis of variances, and annual budget process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and then recommends process improvements to reduce labor, ingredient, and packaging materials cost.
- Analyzes plant daily/weekly/monthly spending to keep indirect and fixed cost within standards in order to meet/exceed corporate financial goals
- Supports the R&D team in developing of new products processes, supports production runs, costing of labor, and scrap standards for new products.
- With department managers analyzes downtime data to develop downtime reduction strategies.
- Analyzes manufacturing variances of ingredient, materials, and labor usage and works with management team to implement strategies to reduce them.
- Oversees the preparation of operational schedules and manufacturing activities to ensure that production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Identifies and implement continuous improvement initiatives such is labor reduction, waste reduction, and reduction of indirect cost to contribute to factory objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Management or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience is required, within a a portfolio of 500 SKUs or more in a manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with and influence large groups of employees.
- Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in a Safety oriented environment is required.