Share on social:
The Plant Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination, functional management and leadership of all direct production activities of a Union Facility. Leadership and management for the following areas: administration, production, processing operations, packaging operations, scheduling, sanitation, quality assurance, purchasing, safety and environmental.
- Responsible for leading and managing the Quality, Maintenance, Sanitation, Safety, and Operations departments
- Responsible for training and developing the production management team
- Responsible for reviewing production operating reports and drive operational efficiencies and yields
- The Plant Manager is responsible for coordinating with Production, Maintenance, Sanitation, and Quality Assurance to plan and schedule work to ensure food safety standards and human safety are upheld
- Responsible for recommending; process improvements, improved equipment design, improved process flow, and solutions concerning production related problems
- Prepared and participating in all external plant audits and federal and local agency audits
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- Five years plant/general management experience in a bakery or bread manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong experience with managing a union environment.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical experience
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory and stewardship process.
- Strong project management, team building, decision-making and people management skills.
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.