Plant Manager will be responsible for directing all plant operations to meet the production schedule in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment alongside Maintenance personnel to reduce downtime.
- Supervise, coach, develop and evaluate production operators and laborers.
- Ensure safe operations and control production costs.
- Communicate with Quality Control, Warehouse, Sales and Marketing to guarantee product quality and shipping timetables are met.
- Maintain plant in a clean and safe condition.
- Ensure that all finished products are properly labeled.
- Increase manufacturing capacity by reducing downtime.
- Perform material, production, labor, and yield tracking.
- Enforce plant policies and procedures in conjunction with Human Resources, and administer discipline as needed.
- Perform monthly in-process inventory counts.
- Perform analytical testing when necessary.
- Maintain and follow up on PM schedules to ensure equipment is well maintained.
- Willingness to be hands-on and visible in the plant and on floor.
- Conduct routine and regular inspection of plant and equipment to identify and correct potential safety and health hazards.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a food manufacturing or related plant environment (involving meat processing) with a minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Direct supervisory role of five key personnel.
- Strong mechanical skills and equipment troubleshooting skills.