Packaging Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the sanitation team’s work in the packaging department.
- Supervise staff: integrate, train, appraise, discipline and ensure development.
- Lead a team: delegate, instill a sense of responsibility, set targets, communicate instructions, control, and listen.
- Gauge training needs and participate in proposing training timelines.
- Keep subordinates informed.
- Apply well-defined standards (costs, budgets).
- Record sanitation data.
- Analyze and evaluate sanitation efficiency data and determine the negative or positive net effect.
- Implement corrective action plans.
- Lead and control various sanitation parameters and implement corrective actions.
- Propose improvement plans.
- Propose technical and organizational improvements to management.
- Works with Packaging Manager and Assistant Manager – Packaging in scheduling personnel and sanitation schedule to maximize the department’s production capability while meeting needs forecasted by sales.
- Organize technical means: Plan actions for preventative maintenance, cleaning, breakdown, etc.
- Assists the Packaging Manager with planning and scheduling manpower, consistent with sanitation schedule requirements.
- Monitors swab results and master sanitation schedules to specification.
- Apply any environmental regulations and ensure they are respected.
- Propose improvements.
- Apply the safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed.
- Participate in analyzing occupational hazards.
- Prevent potential risks.
- Take necessary measures if people are performing unsafe acts or are in an unsafe environment.
- Apply and enforce all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Standard.
- Take necessary measures when there is deviation from this policy.
- Participate and recommend solutions to common GMP issues.
- Follow the food safety policies.
- Key contributor to the maintenance of the FSSC 22000 system.
- Work closely with Quality Department to ensure the quality and specifications of product are continually being met.
- Bachelors Degree in Dairy Science/Chemistry or science related field preferred.
- 2 years experience in dairy production and/or food industry preferred.
- 2 years experience in a management/supervisory role.
- Packaging equipment and processes, quality, food safety, sanitation principles, SDS, and health and safety.
- Process management, collective line management, non-line management, environmental safety management, computer/office systems sanitation principles, SDS, and health and safety.