Packaging Maintenance Manager will be responsible for directing and leading the overall operation of the packaging maintenance functions to ensure reliability and performance of equipment in support of production goals.
- Directs repair and maintenance of all packaging equipment, including annual overhaul schedule.
- Supervision of all levels of Packaging Maintenance staff. Conduct performance reviews for all personnel as required, including the evaluation of new hires into the Department.
- Establish training and development; perform coaching and discipline.
- Drive completion and continuous improvement of Packaging Department Preventative Maintenance program.
- Insure use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) throughout department.
- Support efforts toward continuous improvement in manufacturing processes to increase efficiencies.
- Provide technical leadership to the department and company. Maintain working knowledge of equipment capacities.
- Participate in commercialization process for new packages.
- Make recommendations for, and oversee, equipment modifications, upgrades and acquisitions. Direct installations and participate in startup operations.
- Identify capital needs focused on operational improvements within the department. Submit comprehensive formal capital requests.
- Design the scope of projects from inception through completion. Secure project consulting and job bids as needed. Evaluate and make recommendations for selection. Develop and maintain timeline.
- Troubleshoot and monitor equipment issues, provide recommendations for resolutions and follow through.
- Monitor ongoing projects and evaluate for changing priorities.
- Manage onsite vendors, service techs and contractors.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of employment candidates.
- Emphasis on Safety and GMP compliance. Works with Safety department and HACCP Coordinator to facilitate training and compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, requirements and codes.
- Direct the development and maintenance of SOP’s for changeover procedures.
- Establish annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Packaging or related technical field.
- 10+ year’s maintenance management experience, in high-speed beverage production.
- Experience managing in a Union environment.
- Proven leadership skills to develop and motivate employees.
- Mindset for collaboration and cooperative efforts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.