Share on social:
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and directing all activities and processes related to a production team of 4 supervisors and 70 employees. This Operations Manager is accountable for quality, safety, productivity, sanitation, continuous improvement and all aspects of people management. The goal of the Operations Manager is to meet the needs of the customer 100% of the time while achieving key indicator results that support the departments’ strategic objectives, goals, strategies and measures.
- Direct and support the daily management and prioritization of team members to meet and/or exceed all performance standards including reliability, cost, waste, safety, quality and sanitation.
- Effectively lead, coach, train and develop production staff, while fostering a team environment.
- Pro-actively recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to increase operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an overall production strategy in the plant, such as resource allocation, budget development and capital and process improvement projects using plant metrics
- Audits line and employee performance throughout shift, making regular contact with technicians
- Implement continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques to drive profitability
- Manages total performance of Technicians, including accountability measures, grievances, 1:1’s, appraisals, development / improvement plans, weekly rewards and recognition, and OT review on a specified shift, or all shifts
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (Engineering, Food Science, Life Sciences, etc.) preferred
- 5 years experience supervising employees in a manufacturing / production / industrial environment and 2 years of management experience
- Experience working in paper or plastics manufacturing preferred
- Strong mechanical ability and understanding of packaging/processing equipment
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functions and interact with all levels of the organization
- Experience and familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement, ISO9001 and TPM
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving capabilities to assess risk
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial impact of business decisions effecting staffing, product components and inventory
- Knowledge of SAP or other enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool, Microsoft and MES
- Demonstrated ability to be a dynamic self-starter, work independently and apply sound judgment to solve complex problems with incomplete and/or ambiguous information required and to proactively initiate action steps
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to propose and implement improvements to systems, methods of work and analysis methods and contribute to ensuring that they are continuously adapted to the business requirements
- Experience at leading a change initiative or championing a major component of a larger change
Apply For This Position
Hit the button below to apply to this position. Note that your information will be sent to our recruitment team and they will reach out if your qualifications are selected.