Share on social:
The Operations Manager manages and performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. This includes direct management of production employees engaged in disassembly, calibration and testing, assembly, light machining, soldering, screening, packaging and packing. The position is also responsible for planning production for his/her area and coordination of resources with supervisors, all while approaching activities with a continuous improvement mindset to maximize throughput while minimizing costs and maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
- Is an experienced team leader who is able to influence, delegate and lead teams. Develops a competent, engaged team by ensuring training and development opportunities are available for all team members. Utilizes excellent communication skills and conflict resolution skills. Ability to initiate/manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, interfacing with other business functions. A team leader and a team member.
- Be comfortable leading strategy and tactics, making data driven decisions, engaging early in the feasibility stage of new product development and providing input to support successful commercial launches.
- Interacts with commercial team and customer service on order status and lead time
- Interviews, hires, trains, develops, coaches, motivates and evaluates staff. Develops and delivers timely performance reviews
- Keeps employees informed as to company and department plans and progress
- Manages and reports on operational metrics. Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Involved in setting operational budgets and ensuring targets are met
- Deliver manufacturing outputs to quality, time, and cost goals through data driven production planning, labor allocation, and resource management.
- Understands and leads overall production volume and mix goals; create production plan for area of responsibility and execute to meet daily expectations.
- Establishes performance measures for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain visible metrics and provide leadership timely and accurate performance information.
- Relentlessly champion quality and safety, employee development, and an unwavering customer focus.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mindset to improve timeliness of the production schedule, workflow efficiency, just-in-time WIP inventory levels, product quality, and employee effectiveness.
- Completes production plan by establishing priorities, scheduling and assigning personnel, revising schedules, and reporting results.
- Assist Engineering, Procurement, Finance and Shipping departments to insure timely delivery of finished products to meet established stocking levels and customer shipping requirements.
- Actively participate in and facilitate feedback on product design and production processes.
- Lead monthly safety team information sessions and provide training, coaching, counseling, and/or improvement recommendations. Document any safety issues or incidents in timely manner and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules and resolving problems.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Establish and maintain an environment of continuous improvement. Where appropriate, introduce and evolve best practice operations management techniques such as LEAN, Six Sigma, SPC, 5S, JIT, OEE/TEEP, value stream mapping, and/or loss/waste reductions.
- Establish weekly 5S goals and activity with team. Record accomplishments and provide leadership team visibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering or related field from an accredited higher learning institution or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience, including large teams and working in a batch and volume production environment. 2 years of direct supervisory experience required.
- Bilingual English/Vietnamese preferred
- A background in Lean Manufacturing skills and hands on experience in continuous improvement initiatives and projects is preferred
- Experience motivating and leading diverse teams to meet/exceed expectations; i.e. evidence and examples of where you have led by example, and with openness and optimism.
- Quick learner, ability to pick up and create procedures and processes quickly.
- Experience with documentation and revision control.
- QA and ISO 9000 compliance experience desired.
- Ability to streamline work process/flows for maximum efficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office products, and the ability to use email.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization.