Operations Manager will be responsible overseeing and managing production, processing operations, packaging operations, scheduling, sanitation, receiving and shipping. Responsible for the coordination, management and production.
- Responsible for leading and managing the Production, Sanitation, Receiving and Shipping depts.
- Responsible for reviewing production operating reports and drive operational improvements to meet company goals.
- Responsible for motivating his/her management team to accomplish company objectives concerning productivity, food safety, direct labor costs, material usage costs, minimizing downtime, throughputs and specific product quality standards.
- Responsible for collaborating with Quality Assurance to resolve food safety issues.
- Responsible for recommending; process improvements, improved equipment design, improved process flow, and solutions concerning production related problems.
- Responsible for being prepared and participating in all external plant audits and federal and local agency audits.
- Participate as a functional member of the food safety team.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, management and related.
- 5 years of operational management experience within a food environment, bakery preferred.
- Experience managing a union environment is preferred.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- AIB Science of Baking and HACCP certification is preferred.
- Experience managing budget and understanding and finances.
- Knowledge of equipment, process and people management.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory and stewardship process.
- Strong project management, team building, decision-making and people management skills.